Working To Resolve Family Law Issues
At Reich & Truax, PLLC, our attorneys understand that every family law case we handle is important. We place a premium on ensuring that our clients have all of the information they need to make informed decisions that are right for them. Whether you wish to pursue a resolution through traditional litigation or through a method of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation, our lawyers are here to help advocate for you and guide you through this difficult time in your life.
Dedicated Legal Counsel For A Wide Range Of Matters
From our Southport law office, we provide legal representation to people throughout Connecticut in a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Alternative reproduction technology: From utilizing the services of a fertility doctor to traditional or gestational surrogacy, we can help handle the legal issues that may arise if your family would like to use an alternative method of reproduction.
- Dissolution of marriage: Whether you are seeking a divorce or a legal separation, we can protect your interests while helping you reach the resolution that is right for you.
- Dividing assets: Property division is one of the most contentious aspects of any divorce case, especially those involving significant assets. We will work closely with you to help identify all property that is subject to division, and we will help ensure that the division is fair and equitable.
- Spousal support: Also known as alimony, spousal support may be granted to either party as part of a divorce. Whether you are seeking alimony or are being asked to make spousal support payments, we will work hard to obtain the best result for you.
- Child custody: Parenting time, legal custody and physical custody issues can be highly emotional. We will work with you to help reach a parenting and custodial plan that is in the best interests of your children.
- Child support payments: Whether you are requesting or will be making child support payments, we want to ensure that all issues are addressed, including college expenses.
- Third-party and grandparent visitation: Obtaining visitation rights as a nonparent is extremely difficult. If you are a grandparent or another person with a parent-like relationship who has suddenly been ousted from the child’s life, we can help explore your options going forward.
- Mediation: An alternative to traditional litigation, mediation helps families resolve their disputes with the help of a neutral third party outside of court. This process is often less contentious and time-consuming than litigation. We can assist you in determining if this process is the right fit for you and your spouse, while preserving your right to continue litigation if necessary.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Family Law Services
To speak with our family law attorneys, call us at 203-254-9877. You may also schedule a confidential consultation by contacting us online. We serve clients in Fairfield County and throughout Connecticut.